Siauliai City Municipality Public library is a cultural, educational and informational institution available to every user. It organizes citizens‘ reading and information services.
Aims and goals of the library:
- ensure quick and wide access to information.
- implement new technologies and to better supply users and staff with computerized workstations.
- give an opportunity to freely access internet, electronic catalogues and databases.
- render special services to purpose user groups.
- organize book, author, reading and other cultural events, preserve local lore and cultural heritage.
- raise qualification of the library staff.
- cooperate with cultural and educational institutions of the city and country.
Library staff consists of 59 library workers, 44 of whom are professional librarians. The library accumulates a universal stock taking into consideration municipality‘s historical traditions, economical and cultural development, demographic situation and users‘ needs, paying special attention to classical literature and informational publications.
The library is a member of the Association of Lithuanian Municipality Public Libraries. It is also a member of the Lithuanian Integral Libraries Information System (LIBIS).
The library serves 10928 readers. Anually over 196 524 users frequent the library. The stock of 214 528 items is at their service to fulfill information and cultural needs. Subsribes to 41 titles of periodical publications.
The library is equipped with 117 computerized workstations, 64 of them are meant for users.